ANN: NexusDB ODBC Driver Lite version - FREE!
Nexus Database Systems is pleased to announce NexusDB ODBC Driver Lite for
Delphi 5,6,7 and C++Builder 5,6. The NexusDB ODBC Driver Lite edition is
freely downloadable from our website, and comes with pre-built BPL and DCU
files. It allows you to develop and distribute applications where the
database size is expected to
be modest. Apart from the limitations below, NexusDB ODBC Driver Lite
behaves in the same way that the licensed version does.
The ODBC Driver Lite version limitations are:
- Max 10.000 records in each table
- Max 5 tables in a database
- Open one database only
- Connect to one server only
Please see our website for more information about NexusDB:
About the NexusDB Database engine:
NexusDB is the most flexible full source database engine for Delphi and
C++Builder users. It scales seamlessly from databases kept solely in memory,
via embedded server (single executable deployment) to full C/S solutions
scaling to hundreds of users.
- A large subset of SQL Ansi 92 is supported, including DDL.
- It adheres to the VCL TDataSet interface, so you can continue using all
your favourite data-aware controls and report engines.
- Rivals pure memory-based database engines on speed on smaller datasets,
while scaling very well to larger datasets (millions of records)
- In multi-user environments, only the server can access the data,
minimizing risk of database corruption.
- Snapshot transactions provide 24/7 Live backup capability without
disrupting regular database activity.
- Support for the IProvider interface (TClientDataSet) is included.
- Its architecture is designed to be flexible, and can be enhanced by
writing plugins, monitors and extenders.
- It has lightning fast Winsock transports for networked C/S solutions; a
Blowfish wrapper transport provides added security when needed.
- Conversion utilities for source and tables from other database engines
(BDE, ADO, etc) are provided.
- Includes a Memory manager unit which replaces Borland's with a 24/7 usable
- Referential Integrity support available as conceptual monitor/extender
- ODBC and dbExpress drivers available as separate drivers pack
- Support for RemObjects/Data Abstract
- Support for kbmMW
Additional binaries, trial versions based on the current release, manual and
help files are available from the web site.
Nexus Database Systems
Re: Cursors flickers
> If the property GCaptureLayeredWindows is true, the cursor flickers on
> the host side. The control user notice nothing.
> Appears only if the video driver is not activated. Also with the
> original clients of nexus. (System = Win XP)
> Is the problem already known? Proposals for a solution are welcome
Issue 739 added for investigation:
Hannes Danzl / NexusDB
Manuals - http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index..._manual_v3.htm
Issue Tracker - http://www.nexusdb.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php
Newsgroup Web Gateway - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/
Newsgroup Search - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/search.php
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Issues noticed when trying the free Portal||Hannes Danzl[NDD]||nexusdb.public.support.portal||5||2nd June 2010 12:15 PM|
|ANN: NexusDB Lite version - FREE!||Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]||nexusdb.public.announcements||0||15th October 2003 10:34 PM|
|ANN: FF 2.13 ODBC Driver available||Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]||nexusdb.public.announcements||0||1st September 2003 12:26 PM|
|ANN: NexusDB Trial version now available||Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]||nexusdb.public.announcements||0||21st August 2003 02:06 PM|
|ANN - NexusDB Table Version Identifier||Geoff [NDS]||nexusdb.public.announcements||0||25th July 2003 11:56 PM|