This is a web application that implements generic scripts to view, edit, append and delete records from any database / table.
You need at least the attached nxServer public beta 1.5 (hehe) executable to run it.
The code is documented and should be easy to follow.
- Download the attached server (beta 1.5) or use a newer nxserver
- Download the project file and unzip it into a directory of your choice
- Start nxserver.exe and activate it if it's not already (right-click tray icon, select Start)
- Open remote configuration (right-click tray icon, select Config)
- Add an alias to a database
- In the browser then go to the "Web Applications" (on the left hand pane)
- Add a new web application on the port of your choice pointing to the directory chosen above
- Set the application to active
- Launch the application using for example http:://localhost:90/index.nxscript?DatabaseName=V3Test&TableName=Agents&IndexFieldName=RecordNumber&orderfieldname=LastName,FirstName. Obviously please replace the names used with the ones you want.