NexusDB Newsgroups

NexusDB Newsgroups (http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/index.php)
-   nexusdb.public.support.odbc (http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Parameters in excel (http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20343)

bluephlame 20th February 2018 10:06 PM

Parameters in excel
 
When trying to add parameters in Excel, I get the following error

SQLDescribeParam not supported

is there a way to add parameters to excel queries?

bluephlame 5th March 2018 12:19 PM

Hi, I"m not able to progress my project without a response to this? Any updates on how parameters work when connecting through excel?

Thorsten Engler [NDA] 5th March 2018 04:44 PM

Re: Parameters in excel
 
bluephlame wrote:

>
> Hi, I"m not able to progress my project without a response to this? Any
> updates on how parameters work when connecting through excel?


Hi,

sorry, overlooked the message in this NG. Technically the NGs are "peer-to-peer
support" and answered are only guaranteed for emails to the support@nexusdb.com
address.

What version of the ODBC driver are you using?

Looking at the source, it should not return "SQLDescribeParam not supported" in
the current version:

function SQLDescribeParam(hstmt: SQLHSTMT;
ipar: SQLUSMALLINT;
pfSqlType: pSQLSMALLINT;
pcbParamDef: pSQLULEN;
pibScale: pSQLSMALLINT;
pfNullable: pSQLSMALLINT): SQLRETURN cdecl stdcall;
begin
try
if pfSqlType <> nil then
pfSqlType^ := SQL_Char;
if pcbParamDef <> nil then
pcbParamDef^ := 255;
if pibScale <> nil then
pibScale^ := 0;
if pfNullable <> nil then
pfNullable^ := SQL_NULLABLE_UNKNOWN;
result := ODBCSetSQLSUCCESS;
except
on E: Exception do begin
Result := ODBCTriggerError(e);
end;
end;
end;

bluephlame 5th March 2018 08:13 PM

I version 2 and 3.1 installed.

Version 2 is the one that connects to the data source (version 3 does not connect)

Thorsten Engler [NDA] 13th March 2018 11:13 AM

Re: Parameters in excel
 
bluephlame wrote:

>
> I version 2 and 3.1 installed.
>
> Version 2 is the one that connects to the data source (version 3 does
> not connect)


The required funcionallity was not yet available in v2 (which hasn't been sold
for 12 years now).

There are no plans to produce an updated v2 odbc driver.

If the v3 odbc driver can't connect, then there is either a configuration
problem or you are running an ancient NexusDB server.

Kind Regards,
Thorsten

bluephlame 13th March 2018 12:22 PM

How can I determine what the database version is?

Looking at it from Task Manager the File version of nxServer.exe is 2.0.8.4 but this is often not related to the actual product version.

The product has shipped with Nexus DB enterprise Manager 2.0804 Release D11 and ODBC driver 201

How can I check the configuration of the server?

Thorsten Engler [NDA] 13th March 2018 05:29 PM

Re: Parameters in excel
 
bluephlame wrote:

>
> How can I determine what the database version is?
>
> Looking at it from Task Manager the File version of nxServer.exe is
> 2.0.8.4 but this is often not related to the actual product version.
>
> The product has shipped with Nexus DB enterprise Manager 2.0804 Release
> D11 and ODBC driver 201
>
> How can I check the configuration of the server?


That is indeed the version of the server, and it is a version that has been
superceeded in 2006.

bluephlame 15th March 2018 04:49 PM

So no known workaround?

I cant upgrade the database as I don't control it, it's part of a 3rd party app.

Thorsten Engler [NDA] 15th March 2018 06:11 PM

Re: Parameters in excel
 
The functionallity to support parameters was not yet implemented in the version
2 ODBC drivers.

And before version 3, clients were only compatible with a server with the same
major version number.

Both these limitations have been removed with the introduction of version 3,
*12 years ago*.

bluephlame wrote:

>
> So no known workaround?
>
> I cant upgrade the database as I don't control it, it's part of a 3rd
> party app.



Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD] 15th March 2018 08:01 PM

Re: Parameters in excel
 
> So no known workaround?

You won't get live updates, but you can get access to a copy of the
data in a newer version. For test, you can use the "Live backup"
function in the v2 Enterprise Manager (turn on the "keep indices"
checkbox), and copy to an alias on a v3 or v4 nxServer that you set up.
You can then access the data from this server via the newer ODBC driver.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.