Old 27th June 2017, 04:54 AM

Default No connection

Hi All,
I have a basic php file containing the example code from the help file. I'm using it to prove a connection to a database on a remote machine:

Code:
<?php

$link = nexus_connect('192.168.x.x:10088', 'nexus_user', 'nexus_password');

if (!$link) {

die('Could not connect: ' . nexus_error());

}

echo 'Connected successfully';

nexus_close($link);

?>
Every time I access this from a browser I get a blank page, and the server CPU usage increases by around 25% (all httpd.exe). If i run it four times, then the CPU is 100% and I have to stop the service. I can't see anything at all in any of the obvious places:
- Apache access or error logs
- Windows event logs
No error ever appears. If I point it at 'localhost' then I get an error along the lines of:
Code:
[Mon Jun 26 17:05:15.944411 2017] [:error] [pid 3364:tid 2464] [client 192.168.160.183:52547] PHP Warning:  nexus_connect(): NexusDB: &lt;unnamed TnxWinsockTransport instance&gt;: Cannot locate or connect to network server. [$2C0E/11278] in C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\nexus.php on line 5
In my Apache error.log, and on my browser, so it seems to me that the issue is possibly with the db server itself. Is the server returning an error that isn't being trapped properly by the connector?

My setup is as follows (development machine so not a server OS, yet):
Windows 10 professional
PHP 5.5.0 32-bit TS VC11 (the only version I was able to get working, that's another story!)
Apache 2.4.26 32-bit VC11

Nexus shows in my phpinfo(), as does the PDO driver (although making a connection via PDO has the same result).

I am not the administrator of this database, or the server it runs on, but I have been allocated a username and password, and can ping the IP from my development machine.

Much mention is made of the blowfish key- is this needed for a connection and would a lack of key cause the connection to fail so un-gracefully? Can I just leave it off as I have above?

I have to confess I am much more accustomed to using linux-based systems so it may be that I'm missing some obvious log file or information that might help me.

I'd be grateful of any assistance that you can offer, especially since I've bought the connector!

Rob
Old 28th June 2017, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcrossland View Post
Hi All,
I have a basic php file containing the example code from the help file. I'm using it to prove a connection to a database on a remote machine:

Code:
<?php

$link = nexus_connect('192.168.x.x:10088', 'nexus_user', 'nexus_password');

if (!$link) {

die('Could not connect: ' . nexus_error());

}

echo 'Connected successfully';

nexus_close($link);

?>
Every time I access this from a browser I get a blank page, and the server CPU usage increases by around 25% (all httpd.exe). If i run it four times, then the CPU is 100% and I have to stop the service. I can't see anything at all in any of the obvious places:
- Apache access or error logs
- Windows event logs
No error ever appears. If I point it at 'localhost' then I get an error along the lines of:
Code:
[Mon Jun 26 17:05:15.944411 2017] [:error] [pid 3364:tid 2464] [client 192.168.160.183:52547] PHP Warning:  nexus_connect(): NexusDB: &lt;unnamed TnxWinsockTransport instance&gt;: Cannot locate or connect to network server. [$2C0E/11278] in C:\\Apache24\\htdocs\\nexus.php on line 5
In my Apache error.log, and on my browser, so it seems to me that the issue is possibly with the db server itself. Is the server returning an error that isn't being trapped properly by the connector?

My setup is as follows (development machine so not a server OS, yet):
Windows 10 professional
PHP 5.5.0 32-bit TS VC11 (the only version I was able to get working, that's another story!)
Apache 2.4.26 32-bit VC11

Nexus shows in my phpinfo(), as does the PDO driver (although making a connection via PDO has the same result).

I am not the administrator of this database, or the server it runs on, but I have been allocated a username and password, and can ping the IP from my development machine.

Much mention is made of the blowfish key- is this needed for a connection and would a lack of key cause the connection to fail so un-gracefully? Can I just leave it off as I have above?

I have to confess I am much more accustomed to using linux-based systems so it may be that I'm missing some obvious log file or information that might help me.

I'd be grateful of any assistance that you can offer, especially since I've bought the connector!

Rob
Are you certain that the NexusDB Server is listening for database connections on port 10088? I would seriously doubt that; that port is normally used for the web configuration interface.

The help file topic for nexus_connect states that port 16000 is the default; did you try leaving the port number out (assuming the server is on the default)?