Old 13th March 2020, 03:27 AM

Default Delphi/NexusDb developer sought

I will be stepping down as a developer for the Modes museum cataloguing software [1] next year, so the Modes Users Association is now looking for a contractor to take on some of the load of supporting and developing Modes, which is the most widely-used museum system in the U.K.

Since Modes is built in Delphi, using the NexusDb engine, I'm hoping that this opportunity might be of interest to some of you on this list. Modes has an interesting design: we use NexusDb monitors and extenders to live-index the content of XML records, effectively turning Modes into an XML database.

We're looking for someone who can commit to 2-3 days per week, so this would suit someone wanting to combine this role with other freelance work. You would be working alongside myself and our other Delphi developer in the first instance.

Please get in touch with me at richard@light.demon.co.uk for further details and to express interest in principle.

Thanks,

Richard Light

[1] https://www.modes.org.uk/