#1  
Old 31st July 2009, 07:57 AM
Hannes Danzl[NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Portal

> How is the Portal product different than the RemoteTools package that I
> bought from Danijel back around 2004 ? I seem to remember the price was
> quite good for about 100 bucks including source. Whats up with the huge
> price increase?


Please send a mail with your details to sales at nexusdb.com about this
  #2  
Old 4th August 2009, 06:22 AM
dave novo
 
Posts: n/a
Default questions on Chat


Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions on the chat. The first thing is
about the following code from the demo program...

procedure TMainForm.PChatNewUI(Sender: TRtcPChat; const user: String);
var
CWin:TrdChatForm;
begin
CWin:=TrdChatForm.Create(nil);
if assigned(CWin) then
begin
... do stuff
else
raise Exception.Create('Error creating Window');

if CWin.WindowState=wsNormal then
begin
... do stuff
end;
end;

It seems that every time chat starts, a new chat window is created.
Even if I am chatting with the same user 3x in a row (open/close chat
each time) I will generate a new chatWindow in memory. Is that correct,
or am I not understanding something.

The other thing is that we are having problems initiating a chat from a
host. The host has a button that can start the chat with his controller.
The code is as follows:

procedure TMyDataModule.OpenChat(const aUserName:String);
begin
PChat.BeTheHost:=true;
PChat.Open(aUserName);
end;

In our application, .BeTheHost is defaulted to false.

In the following scenario, the following works fine:

Host opens chat with method above.
Chat window opens on controller.
some chatting happens.
controller closes chat window
host closes chat window

Then everything is okay, and the host can restart the chat at any
time.
However the following has problems

Host opens chat with method above.
Chat window opens on controller.
some chatting happens.
host closes chat window
controller closes chat window

In that case, if the host tried to start the chat again, the chat
window does not appear for the host side. However, it does appear on the
controller side.

Do you have any idea what we can do to fix this?.


--
dave novo
  #3  
Old 4th August 2009, 11:08 AM
Danijel Tkalcec
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: questions on Chat

"dave novo" wrote:
>
> It seems that every time chat starts, a new chat window is created.
> Even if I am chatting with the same user 3x in a row (open/close chat
> each time) I will generate a new chatWindow in memory. Is that correct,
> or am I not understanding something.


You are missing something.

1) The code you have posted is from the Controler side, which will create a
new chat window every time a new session is started with a new Host. The
Host, on the other end, only creates a single chat window for all
participants. You should look up the implementation of the OnNewUI event on
the Host, and ... check the implementation of the Form being created and
used for Chat. It will be freed when closed, so there will be nothing left
in memory.

> The other thing is that we are having problems initiating a chat from a
> host. The host has a button that can start the chat with his controller.
> The code is as follows:
>
> procedure TMyDataModule.OpenChat(const aUserName:String);
> begin
> PChat.BeTheHost:=true;
> PChat.Open(aUserName);
> end;
>
> In our application, .BeTheHost is defaulted to false.


> Do you have any idea what we can do to fix this?.


Your client is either the Host, or it is not the Host. The property which
you are changing dinamically should be sent only once before login and never
changed for as long as the client (Host or Control) is logged in. I should
propably have added a check if the client is logged in and raised an
exception in case you try to change that property "on-the-fly", but I did
not expect someone would go changing that property on a running client.

In other words, you shoud set the "BeTheHost" property accordingly BEFORE
you log in to the Gateway and keep that property UNCHANGED afterwards, and
use the correct implementations for the OnNewUI events on the Host and
Control (look up implementations in the example Host and Control projects)
to fix your problem.

Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec


  #4  
Old 1st October 2010, 08:40 PM
ks.yeoh
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: questions on Chat


Danijel Tkalcec;93576 Wrote:
> "dave novo" wrote:
> >
> > It seems that every time chat starts, a new chat window is created.
> > Even if I am chatting with the same user 3x in a row (open/close chat
> > each time) I will generate a new chatWindow in memory. Is that

> correct,
> > or am I not understanding something.

>
> You are missing something.
>
> 1) The code you have posted is from the Controler side, which will
> create a
> new chat window every time a new session is started with a new Host.
> The
> Host, on the other end, only creates a single chat window for all
> participants. You should look up the implementation of the OnNewUI event
> on
> the Host, and ... check the implementation of the Form being created
> and
> used for Chat. It will be freed when closed, so there will be nothing
> left
> in memory.
>
> > The other thing is that we are having problems initiating a chat from

> a
> > host. The host has a button that can start the chat with his

> controller.
> > The code is as follows:
> >
> > procedure TMyDataModule.OpenChat(const aUserName:String);
> > begin
> > PChat.BeTheHost:=true;
> > PChat.Open(aUserName);
> > end;
> >
> > In our application, .BeTheHost is defaulted to false.

>
> > Do you have any idea what we can do to fix this?.

>
> Your client is either the Host, or it is not the Host. The property
> which
> you are changing dinamically should be sent only once before login and
> never
> changed for as long as the client (Host or Control) is logged in. I
> should
> propably have added a check if the client is logged in and raised an
> exception in case you try to change that property "on-the-fly", but I
> did
> not expect someone would go changing that property on a running client.
>
> In other words, you shoud set the "BeTheHost" property accordingly
> BEFORE
> you log in to the Gateway and keep that property UNCHANGED afterwards,
> and
> use the correct implementations for the OnNewUI events on the Host and
> Control (look up implementations in the example Host and Control
> projects)
> to fix your problem.
>
> Best Regards,
> Danijel Tkalcec


Hi,
I'm also facing the same situation. After reading your comment does it
mean that if client_A is a chat host, client_A should not initialize the
chat with other non host clients. Instead client_A should wait for them
to initialize chat with him.

If yes, is there a way for client_A as a host to invite other clients to
join a chat room without the above mentioned problem?

Cheers.


--
ks.yeoh
  #5  
Old 14th October 2010, 08:48 AM
tcaduto
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: questions on Chat


In the onclose of the chat form it's set to CAFREE, when the form
closes
it is automatically freed and does not remain in memory.


--
tcaduto
  #6  
Old 14th October 2010, 08:52 AM
tcaduto
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: questions on Chat


Also if the user does not close the form it does not create a new one,
it only creates a new one if the user closes the chat form.


--
tcaduto


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.