Old 24th January 2012, 02:11 PM

Default Cannot post data back to the NexusDB database

Hello,

I am still having problems with the ADO provider.

VisualStudio 2008, C#, .NET 3.5
NexusDB Server / database version 2.0706
ADO Provider build 86

The VisualStudio environment will now connect to the NexusDB server and shows the list of tables. I can now drag the tables onto the dataset, and fill the dataset and display the results in a grid.

However, when I try to write changes back to the NexusDB database I receive an error stating that I have to provide a properly formatted update command. No matter how hard I've tried I cannot create the update command. The VisualStudio IDE will crash, the pop-up editors will just disappear, I'll enter an update command and when I click OK there's nothing in the command text, and on and on.

I've also tried dragging a DataAdapter from the toolbox clicking the options to create delete and update statements. The wizard runs without any error messages but it does not generate delete or update commands.

This is extremely frustrating, and I don't know if the problem is the VisualStudio IDE, ADO Provider, etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brian Wheatley
Old 25th January 2012, 10:34 PM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]

Default Re: Cannot post data back to the NexusDB database

> I am still having problems with the ADO provider.
>
> VisualStudio 2008, C#, .NET 3.5
> NexusDB Server / database version 2.0706
> ADO Provider build 86

I have to say, there are a number of known problems with the older
provider versions. Would it be at all possible for you to move up to
NexusDB version 3, which is supported by the very latest and frequently
updated new provider releases? Please contact sales if you would like
to explore this option.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Old 28th January 2012, 08:30 AM

Default NexusDB V3.x

Hello,

Unfortunately, when I made the transition from Delphi 7 to Visual Studio / .NET I stopped using the NexusDB database. The support for the upgrades /updates has long since expired.

Even if that were not the case, I am trying to integrate a .NET application with a NexusDB V2.0706 database and application that is currently run in a customer's facility. Upgrading to Version 3 would require me to purchase the support agreement and update the Delphi 7 application as well.

In any event, I have been able to connect to and read / write the 2.0706 database using eXpress Persistent Objects (XPO) from Developer Express. Therefore the issue must be something I'm doing or not doing and not anything to do with the ADO provider.

Thank you,
Brian Wheatley