Old 20th June 2015, 07:14 AM

Default Windows 2012 server machine.config not updated with build201 installer?

Thank you so much for the new beta. I was able to install it on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit with Visual Studio 2013 pro, without any issues and I was able to rebuild and run my Webforms projects without a problem.
When I installed the NexusDB_V4_ADO_build201 on a server running Windows 2012 server the only issue I had was that the machine.config file (in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Conf ig) did not get updated with the new data provider information that was copied into the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NexusDB .ADOProvider folder. Both the NexusDB.ADOProvider and NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq where copied fine from the installer, just the machine.config was not updated, as it was when I installed it on Windows 8.1 pro. I did see the same behavior in the NexusDB_V4_ADO_build151 build as well.
Not sure what I did wrong running the installer, but I was able to update the machine.config manually to get it to work and the .Net WebForms project, that we have been running for over eight months, is running fine. I just wanted to note it just in case anyone else saw the same thing. This could also be caused by how the Windows 2012 server that I am using is configured, but the account I did the install with does have administrator privileges.
Here is the entry I needed in the machine.config in the DbProviderFactories section:
<add name="NexusDB Data Provider" invariant="NexusDB.ADOProvider" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for NexusDB" type="NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBProviderFactory, NexusDB.ADOProvider, Version=4.0.0.201, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=86f660e26976e61e" />
Thank you again for the release, looking forward to the stable release.
Gerard
Old 21st June 2015, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzannelli View Post
Thank you so much for the new beta. I was able to install it on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit with Visual Studio 2013 pro, without any issues and I was able to rebuild and run my Webforms projects without a problem.
When I installed the NexusDB_V4_ADO_build201 on a server running Windows 2012 server the only issue I had was that the machine.config file (in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Conf ig) did not get updated with the new data provider information that was copied into the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NexusDB .ADOProvider folder. Both the NexusDB.ADOProvider and NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq where copied fine from the installer, just the machine.config was not updated, as it was when I installed it on Windows 8.1 pro. I did see the same behavior in the NexusDB_V4_ADO_build151 build as well.
Not sure what I did wrong running the installer, but I was able to update the machine.config manually to get it to work and the .Net WebForms project, that we have been running for over eight months, is running fine. I just wanted to note it just in case anyone else saw the same thing. This could also be caused by how the Windows 2012 server that I am using is configured, but the account I did the install with does have administrator privileges.
Here is the entry I needed in the machine.config in the DbProviderFactories section:
<add name="NexusDB Data Provider" invariant="NexusDB.ADOProvider" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for NexusDB" type="NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBProviderFactory, NexusDB.ADOProvider, Version=4.0.0.201, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=86f660e26976e61e" />
Thank you again for the release, looking forward to the stable release.
Gerard
Does the windows 2012 server machine have any version of Visual Studio installed?
Old 21st June 2015, 05:55 AM

No, it does not. It is our production server.
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzannelli View Post
No, it does not. It is our production server.
It is possible that there's a bug in our installer; I'll check.
Old 15th July 2015, 02:42 AM
Patrick Schwarzer

Default Re: Windows 2012 server machine.config not updated with build201 installer?

I have the same problem on a 2008R2 server: neither dll's are copied to
GAC nor machine.config gets updated. No visual studio is installed.
Any suggestions?

--
Patrick Schwarzer
Cologne, GMT+2
Old 15th July 2015, 06:00 PM
Patrick Schwarzer

Default Re: Windows 2012 server machine.config not updated with build201 installer?

Patrick Schwarzer wrote:

> I have the same problem on a 2008R2 server: neither dll's are copied
> to GAC nor machine.config gets updated. No visual studio is installed.
> Any suggestions?

after registering dll's using gacutil and editing machine.config it
works.

--
Patrick Schwarzer
Cologne, GMT+2
Old 26th January 2016, 08:35 PM
Patrick Schwarzer

> neither dll's are copied to GAC nor machine.config gets updated.

the same happened today again.
This is really annoying :-(

--
Patrick Schwarzer
Cologne, GMT+2
Old 26th January 2016, 08:51 PM
Patrick Schwarzer

installing NexusDB_V4_Visual_Studio_Pack_Standard_build242

--
Patrick Schwarzer
Cologne, GMT+2
Old 26th January 2016, 11:31 PM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]

> I have the same problem on a 2008R2 server: neither dll's are copied
> to GAC nor machine.config gets updated. No visual studio is installed.
> Any suggestions?

I have a VM with that OS; I'll test.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Old 27th January 2016, 12:56 AM
Patrick Schwarzer

Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD] wrote:

> I have a VM with that OS; I'll test.

thanks but today OS was windows small business server 2011 standard

--
Patrick Schwarzer
Cologne, GMT+2