Old 22nd January 2015, 05:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to mmitton
Default [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'NXDB.OBJ'

Hi All

So I have upgraded 2 of our applications from nexusDBV2 to nexusDBV4. Simply uninstalled V2, installed V4 and built and all was fine. (CB2007)

No I am trying to do the same with the 3rd project, it compiles fine but when it links I get the error:

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'NXDB.OBJ'

I have seen this error before with other filenames and have searched around and seems the way to fix it is to add the XXX.lib file to the project. Problem is I only have the developer version with dcu's so no libs.

Any ideas or do I have to upgrade to full source so I can generate libs?

Regards
Mark
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:40 AM
Rodrigo Gomez [NDX]

Default Re: [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'NXDB.OBJ'

In my experience, you need to add the BPIs, not the LIBs. Although C++Builder never makes
things easy or, in several ways, repeteable.

I have never used the DCU version myself, so I don't know what files does it comes with or
not. Is it a "DCU" version for C++Builder or is the one for Delphi? If the latter then I
don't know if you will be able to use it on C++Builder, as you do need the BPI/LIB
files... but then it wouldn't come with the HPP files, so... I'm lost.

Regards,

--
Rodrigo Gómez [NDX]
México, GMT-6
Old 23rd January 2015, 03:07 AM

Thanks Rodrigo

It's the DCU version that says it supports C++ Builder 2007 and up. I successfully compiled and built 2 other projects on the same machine so I can't understand why it would work for some but not for others.

I have never actually used the source before, so this time when I purchased I thought I would take advantage of the discounted price for DCU's only, seeing as it supported my platform.

I guess if I can't get around this the only option would be to upgrade to full source version so I can generate Lib's.

Regards
Mark
Old 23rd January 2015, 03:22 AM
Rodrigo Gomez [NDX]

C++Builder is *very* whimsical, unfortunately.

Does the DCU version comes with the .lib and .bpi files? They are needed for C++Builder
usage, so if they don't come then I would assume it's an error of the installer or and
oversight, and NX should be able to provide them.

If they do come then you should be able to avoid that linker error linking directly those
files into your project. I usually have a simple file where I do several #pragma link for
the BPIs, and I #include that file in one of my cpp units (usually the one where the main
is).

You can also try removing one of the sources where you are using NX Components and adding
it again, so the IDE can recognize that it needs to link the necessary BPI/LIBs and
modifies the projects. But this all depends on having those files in your installation. If
they don't come then you need to figure out with support how they can send them to you.

HTH,

--
Rodrigo Gómez [NDX]
México, GMT-6
Old 23rd January 2015, 03:54 AM

Thanks Rodrigo,

The old full source NexusDB2 folder contains all the .pas and .hpp files where as the new NexusDB4 folder does not. Also, the folder where all BPL's are generated contains all the .bpl .bpi and .lib files for NexusDB2 but only .bpl files for NexusDB4.

So it seems as if these file are not supplied with the installation. I will send an email to support to ask if they can supply them.

Regards
Mark
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:43 AM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]

> So it seems as if these file are not supplied with the installation. I
> will send an email to support to ask if they can supply them.

If you look at the last thread here before you posted, you'll see it's
a known problem with the installer (some files are missing). Yes,
please contact support for an updated installer.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Old 26th January 2015, 10:11 PM

Hi Eivind

Thanks, I have sent an email to support twice last week and again last night but no response. Can you help please?

Regards
Mark
Old 26th January 2015, 11:20 PM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]

> Thanks, I have sent an email to support twice last week and again last
> night but no response. Can you help please?

It was (is) a public holiday today, please check your inbox.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]