#1  
Old 9th March 2005, 03:59 PM
Hannes Danzl[NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default ANN: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

Hello.

I've uploaded a new version of the ODBC Driver for Version 2 to the
beta.binaries group.

It has all the fixes of the current V1 version but has full support for all
NexusDB V2 SQL features.

Please note that it installs a different driver than version 1 and can happily
coexist with the older one.

Please post any problems in the beta.nxdb2 group with an ODBC: prefix.

Thank You!

--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
  #2  
Old 9th March 2005, 10:42 PM
Thomas Lohrum
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

Hannes,

thanks for uploading v2 beta.

Issue #1 SQLSetConnectAttr()

It is not possible to set a value of zero for "SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT" (102).

That bug appears to be introduced in v2 since it work's fine for v1.

Issue #2 Connect time with NAMED PIPES

CONNECT TO 'DataBase=MyDB_v2;Server=NexusDB@Localhost;Transpo rt=NAMED
PIPES;TimeOut=12000' USER ''

Connect Time = 3,0520 sec.

How come it takes so long for the driver to connect to the database?

kind regards,

Thomas.


  #3  
Old 9th March 2005, 11:58 PM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

> Issue #2 Connect time with NAMED PIPES
>
> CONNECT TO 'DataBase=MyDB_v2;Server=NexusDB@Localhost;Transpo rt=NAMED
> PIPES;TimeOut=12000' USER ''
>
> Connect Time = 3,0520 sec.
>
> How come it takes so long for the driver to connect to the database?


How long does it take in EM when you attach to the same server?

--

Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Please, no email unless requested.
Search Borland and third-party newsgroups here: www.tamaracka.com


  #4  
Old 10th March 2005, 12:11 AM
Thomas Lohrum
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

> How long does it take in EM when you attach to the same server?

That's not easy to tell, since it's not clear when EM actually connects to
the specific database.

The time it takes to start EM, immediately click on the desired database
connection
and click on the first table of that database is approx. 4 seconds.

kind regards,

Thomas.


  #5  
Old 10th March 2005, 01:14 AM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

>> How long does it take in EM when you attach to the same server?
> That's not easy to tell, since it's not clear when EM actually
> connects to the specific database.


If you double-click the NP connection, you can stop timing when the icon
turns green. That means the connection is established.

--

Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Please, no email unless requested.
Search Borland and third-party newsgroups here: www.tamaracka.com


  #6  
Old 10th March 2005, 02:38 AM
Thomas Lohrum
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

Eivind,

> If you double-click the NP connection, you can stop timing when the icon
> turns green. That means the connection is established.


1) I open EM
2) I click on the NP connection which remains grayed, even when waiting a
couple of seconds.
3) I double-click the NP connection.
The icon immediately turns green.

It looks like this is an ODBC Problem.

Hannes?

kind regards,

Thomas.


  #7  
Old 10th March 2005, 04:43 AM
Hannes Danzl[NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

Thomas Lohrum wrote:

> Hannes,
>
> thanks for uploading v2 beta.
>
> Issue #1 SQLSetConnectAttr()
>
> It is not possible to set a value of zero for "SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT" (102).
>
> That bug appears to be introduced in v2 since it work's fine for v1.


issue #1065

> Issue #2 Connect time with NAMED PIPES
>
> CONNECT TO 'DataBase=MyDB_v2;Server=NexusDB@Localhost;Transpo rt=NAMED
> PIPES;TimeOut=12000' USER ''
>
> Connect Time = 3,0520 sec.
>
> How come it takes so long for the driver to connect to the database?


issue #1066

--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
  #8  
Old 10th March 2005, 04:43 AM
Hannes Danzl[NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

Thomas Lohrum wrote:

> Eivind,
>
> > If you double-click the NP connection, you can stop timing when the icon
> > turns green. That means the connection is established.

>
> 1) I open EM
> 2) I click on the NP connection which remains grayed, even when waiting a
> couple of seconds.
> 3) I double-click the NP connection.
> The icon immediately turns green.
>
> It looks like this is an ODBC Problem.
>
> Hannes?


i'll look into it asap

--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
  #9  
Old 9th April 2005, 12:23 PM
Hannes Danzl[NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6

> thanks for uploading v2 beta.
>
> Issue #1 SQLSetConnectAttr()
>
> It is not possible to set a value of zero for "SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT" (102).
>
> That bug appears to be introduced in v2 since it work's fine for v1.


After reviewing this i came to the following conclusion that in V1 it works
correctly as long as you don't use DDL in the statements. This is ODBC
conformant behaviour and triggers an error as needed per SQL_TXN_CAPABLE:

SQL_TC_DML = Transactions can contain only Data Manipulation Language (DML)
statements (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). Data Definition Language (DDL)
statements encountered in a transaction cause an error. (ODBC 1.0)

The current V2 beta has a bug, it works here in the same way as V1 now.

--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
  #10  
Old 9th April 2005, 07:54 PM
Thomas Lohrum
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver beta 6


> The current V2 beta has a bug, it works here in the same way as V1 now.


Thx for the news update.

Can you provide an update of the v2 odbc driver soon, please?

kind regards,

Thomas.





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old version of NexusDB, new ODBC driver mdamnjan nexusdb.public.support.odbc 2 11th February 2009 09:25 PM
ANN: NexusDB V2 ODBC Driver build 53 released Hannes Danzl[NDD] nexusdb.public.announcements 0 24th August 2007 08:47 PM
Is there a working ODBC Driver for NexusDB v.1 yet? NexusDB nexusdb.public.support.odbc 4 22nd February 2007 05:23 AM
ADG Pro + NexusDB ODBC driver seems to be broken again... Dennis Landi nexusdb.public.support.thirdparty 12 14th April 2006 01:29 AM
NexusDB 202 and ODBC driver and Excel Kick Martens nexusdb.public.support.odbc 2 27th September 2005 07:54 AM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.