#1  
Old 8th December 2005, 10:11 AM
Germain Cassiere
 
Posts: n/a
Default Encrypted Transport

I tried setting up encrypted transport over TCP/IP today but could not get
it to work. The documentation and the example from Nexus were of no help.
Can anybody steer me in the right direction for getting this to work?
Thanks.


-Germain


  #2  
Old 8th December 2005, 10:44 AM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Encrypted Transport

> I tried setting up encrypted transport over TCP/IP today but could
> not get it to work. The documentation and the example from Nexus were
> of no help. Can anybody steer me in the right direction for getting
> this to work? Thanks.


Before doing anything else, I'd use the Register server dialog in EM, and
try to communicate with a nxServer with the encrypted transport enabled.
Does that work? If not, check your firewall is open on the 17000 port.

--

Eivind Bakkestuen
Nexus Database Systems


  #3  
Old 8th December 2005, 11:23 AM
Germain Cassiere
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Encrypted Transport

I tried using the encrypted transport through EM and it works perfectly. I
just can't figure out how to correctly set up and use the encryption
components.

-Germain



"Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]" <Ieivind.bakkestuenHATE@nexusdb.comSPAM> wrote in
message news:439784eb@wic040d....
>> I tried setting up encrypted transport over TCP/IP today but could
>> not get it to work. The documentation and the example from Nexus were
>> of no help. Can anybody steer me in the right direction for getting
>> this to work? Thanks.

>
> Before doing anything else, I'd use the Register server dialog in EM, and
> try to communicate with a nxServer with the encrypted transport enabled.
> Does that work? If not, check your firewall is open on the 17000 port.
>
> --
>
> Eivind Bakkestuen
> Nexus Database Systems
>
>



  #4  
Old 8th December 2005, 11:52 AM
Germain Cassiere
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Encrypted Transport

I think I got it working. I forgot to change the port in nxWinsockTransport
to 17000. It seems to be working, but I don't know if there is a way to
check. Is this the correct setup:

nxWinsockTransport --->
nxSecuredCommandHandler --->
nxBlowfishRC4SecuredTransport --->
nxServerCommandHandler --->
nxRemoteServerEngine --->
nxSession --->
nxDatabase

-Germain



"Germain Cassiere" <germain.cassiere@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:43978e54@wic040d....
>I tried using the encrypted transport through EM and it works perfectly. I
>just can't figure out how to correctly set up and use the encryption
>components.
>
> -Germain
>
>
>
> "Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]" <Ieivind.bakkestuenHATE@nexusdb.comSPAM> wrote
> in message news:439784eb@wic040d....
>>> I tried setting up encrypted transport over TCP/IP today but could
>>> not get it to work. The documentation and the example from Nexus were
>>> of no help. Can anybody steer me in the right direction for getting
>>> this to work? Thanks.

>>
>> Before doing anything else, I'd use the Register server dialog in EM, and
>> try to communicate with a nxServer with the encrypted transport enabled.
>> Does that work? If not, check your firewall is open on the 17000 port.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Eivind Bakkestuen
>> Nexus Database Systems
>>
>>

>
>





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
normal transport encrypted? Chisolm Wilson nexusdb.public.discussions 1 13th February 2010 03:46 AM
Encrypted Tables? Shane Stump nexusdb.public.support.odbc 2 11th December 2007 10:53 AM
Are SQL transactions encrypted??? Germain Cassiere nexusdb.public.support.sql 4 26th June 2005 11:42 AM
Encrypted Table Emmanuel Barache nexusdb.public.support 4 22nd June 2005 07:51 PM
Encrypted tables Germain Cassiere nexusdb.public.discussions 20 1st April 2005 09:19 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.