#1  
Old 15th September 2016, 11:05 AM
JimGilmour JimGilmour is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 27
Default ADOProvider 280 issue

Hello,

Having just updated to the latest ADOProvider, I am currently having issues installing it on one of the live production machines, and hopefully someone here can steer me in the right direction.

Trying to install the ADOProvider into a production Windows Server 2012R2 with 64bit NexusDB and .Net Framework 4, but cannot seem to get the DLLs registered into the GAC.

After executing the RunTimeInstall.exe (administrator using "run as admin") no NexusDB related items are added to the GAC. (Even though the Install looks to run fine)

Running the program requiring the ADOProvider will then give a Nexus.ADOProvider 4.0.0.280 ... etc etc The system cannot find the file specified.

Placing the Provider DLL into the executables directory will then give me an "unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider".

And ideas as to possible solutions? If I need to resort to GACUtil to get the files registered will I need to include other than the NexusDB.ADOProvider.dll?

Thanks in advance
__________________
Jim Gilmour
Border Rivers Computer Services
  #2  
Old 20th September 2016, 05:50 PM
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ADOProvider 280 issue

> Placing the Provider DLL into the executables directory will then give
> me an "unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider".


In addition to the Provider DLL, also include the
AdoServerConnectorV4.DLL in your application directory (assuming you
are using the Native setting for the connection). And this DLL also
needs to be placed in the nxServer.exe directory.

If your app or nxServer binary is 64 bit, use the 64 bit DLL
(AdoServerConnectorV4_64.DLL) for the respective binary (yes you can
have 32 bit at one end and 64 bit at the other).

After that I believe it should work (quick test here worked for me).


--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
  #3  
Old 21st September 2016, 08:21 PM
Valero Valero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Hello,

I'm working within a month with ADO.Net library. All runs fine at develop machine, but when deploy app in other machines(W10) have same issues that Jim.

I followed the steps above and help files, but this error appears...

"The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'NexusDB.ADOProvider' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded."
  #4  
Old 29th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Eivind Eivind is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valero View Post
Hello,

I'm working within a month with ADO.Net library. All runs fine at develop machine, but when deploy app in other machines(W10) have same issues that Jim.

I followed the steps above and help files, but this error appears...

"The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'NexusDB.ADOProvider' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded."
It sounds as though the NexusDB.ADOProvider.dll wasn't found. Are you certain that it is in the same directory as the .exe? Are you referencing (and distributing) any other files?
  #5  
Old 29th September 2016, 11:10 PM
Valero Valero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eivind View Post
It sounds as though the NexusDB.ADOProvider.dll wasn't found. Are you certain that it is in the same directory as the .exe? Are you referencing (and distributing) any other files?
I install the app with ClickOnce and in exe's directory there are next files....

ADOServerConnectorV4_64.dll
NexusDB.ADOProvider.dll
NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq.dll

The app has references to...
NexusDB.ADOProvider
NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq

Following help steps to register dll ing gac, I also have tried to run exe from \bin\Runtime Installer\ (the directory only contains "RuntimeInstall.exe") without success, I also copy dll in the same directory, nothing happens... all times the response is "Done", with console any error appears...

In gac directory(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MS IL) appear these three folders...

NexusDB.ADOProvider.Android
NexusDB.ADOProvider.iOS
NexusDB.ADOProvider.UWP

Same directory in the production machine...

NexusDB.ADOProvider
NexusDB.ADOProvider.Android
NexusDB.ADOProvider.iOS
NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq
NexusDB.ADOProvider.UWP
NexusDB.Designer.xx.0(Visual Studio folders...)

I don't know why these folders not appear in target machine...
  #6  
Old 1st October 2016, 02:52 PM
Eivind Eivind is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valero View Post
I install the app with ClickOnce and in exe's directory there are next files....

ADOServerConnectorV4_64.dll
Are you sure your app is running as 64 bit? If it runs as a 32 bit process, it'll need the ADOServerConnectorV4.dll file instead.
  #7  
Old 10th October 2016, 12:53 PM
JimGilmour JimGilmour is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Also check to make sure that the machine.config for your version of .NET has an entry for NexusDB in its provider factory settings.

This ended up being the issue on the production machine I was installing.

It should looks something like ....

<DbProviderFactories><add name="NexusDB Data Provider" invariant="NexusDB.ADOProvider" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for NexusDB" type="NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBProviderFactory, NexusDB.ADOProvider, Version=4.0.0.280, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=86f660e26976e61e" /></DbProviderFactories>
__________________
Jim Gilmour
Border Rivers Computer Services
  #8  
Old 18th October 2016, 08:57 PM
Valero Valero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Hy Jim!!
Thank you very much!!! This solved the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGilmour View Post
Also check to make sure that the machine.config for your version of .NET has an entry for NexusDB in its provider factory settings.

This ended up being the issue on the production machine I was installing.

It should looks something like ....

<DbProviderFactories><add name="NexusDB Data Provider" invariant="NexusDB.ADOProvider" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for NexusDB" type="NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBProviderFactory, NexusDB.ADOProvider, Version=4.0.0.280, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=86f660e26976e61e" /></DbProviderFactories>
  #9  
Old 19th October 2016, 01:21 AM
Thorsten Engler [NDA]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ADOProvider 280 issue

The RunTimeInstall.exe that installs the NexusDB.ADOProvider.dll and
NexusDB.ADOProvider.Linq.dll in the GAC should also be generating this entry in
the machine.config.

(Not to be confused with the install.exe that registers the
NexusDB.Designer.xx.x.dll with visual studio and is only required on the
development machine.)

Please let me know the specific circumstances where you see RunTimeInstall.exe
not creating the correct entries in machine.config.

Cheers,
Thorsten

JimGilmour wrote:

>
> Also check to make sure that the machine.config for your version of .NET
> has an entry for NexusDB in its provider factory settings.
>
> This ended up being the issue on the production machine I was
> installing.
>
> It should looks something like ....
>
> <DbProviderFactories><add name="NexusDB Data Provider"
> invariant="NexusDB.ADOProvider" description=".Net Framework Data
> Provider for NexusDB" type="NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBProviderFactory,
> NexusDB.ADOProvider, Version=4.0.0.280, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=86f660e26976e61e" /></DbProviderFactories>


  #10  
Old 19th October 2016, 02:33 AM
Valero Valero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

I have tried to run "RunTimeInstall.exe" under a lot of circumstances.
After modify machine.config, I see that if I uninstall from "RunTimeInstall.exe" file is modified and reference to Nexus dissapears, when install again, machine.config does not suffer any change.
I thought it was about user permissions, but seem like exe do not write anything.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error [$3CA0/15520] in ADOProvider 280 DrissBen nexusdb.public.support.adoprovider 0 26th August 2016 11:01 PM
AV in ADOProvider 242 boman nexusdb.public.support.adoprovider 9 22nd June 2016 09:06 PM
Issue traker issue :) Roberto Nicchi nexusdb.public.support 2 12th February 2010 09:39 AM
ADOProvider V2 w/VS2005 support Ole Willy Tuv nexusdb.public.support.adoprovider 25 11th April 2007 03:30 AM
Unable to load DLL (NexusDB.ADOProvider.NexusDBV1.dll) G. Campbell nexusdb.public.support 5 20th May 2005 02:19 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.