Old 30th January 2018, 07:43 PM

Default NexusDB.ADOProvider NxDataReader NotSupportedException: GetBytes

Hello,

NexusDB V2 ADO.NET provider
version: 2.0.7.86

I'm building a NhibernateDriver for NexusDb, so that we can retreive data through the ORM. Everything works fine with simple datatypes.
But we have a table with a Blobstream datatype, and here we have a problem, when NHibernate retrieves the data and tries to convert it to an Object with the DataReader (in this case the NxDataReader), the method: GetBytes() is not implemented.

override long GetBytes(int i, long fieldOffset, byte[] buffer, int bufferoffset, int length)

Is there another verison of the NexusDB.ADOProvider that implements this method, or is there a possibility that you will implement this in the near future?

stacktrace:
WARN:
System.NotSupportedException: GetBytes not supported.
at NexusDB.ADOProvider.NxDataReader.GetBytes(Int32 i, Int64 fieldOffset, Byte[] buffer, Int32 bufferoffset, Int32 length)
at NHibernate.Type.AbstractBinaryType.Get(IDataReader rs, Int32 index) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Type\AbstractBinaryType.cs:lin e 92
at NHibernate.Type.NullableType.NullSafeGet(IDataRead er rs, String name) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Type\NullableType.cs:line 253
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersiste r.Hydrate(IDataReader rs, Object id, Object obj, ILoadable rootLoadable, String[][] suffixedPropertyColumns, Boolean allProperties, ISessionImplementor session) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Persister\Entity\AbstractEntit yPersister.cs:line 2518

Attached Images
File Type: jpg db.jpg (11.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg missing.jpg (23.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 4th February 2018, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atempela View Post
Hello,

NexusDB V2 ADO.NET provider
version: 2.0.7.86

I'm building a NhibernateDriver for NexusDb, so that we can retreive data through the ORM. Everything works fine with simple datatypes.
But we have a table with a Blobstream datatype, and here we have a problem, when NHibernate retrieves the data and tries to convert it to an Object with the DataReader (in this case the NxDataReader), the method: GetBytes() is not implemented.

override long GetBytes(int i, long fieldOffset, byte[] buffer, int bufferoffset, int length)

Is there another verison of the NexusDB.ADOProvider that implements this method, or is there a possibility that you will implement this in the near future?

stacktrace:
WARN:
System.NotSupportedException: GetBytes not supported.
at NexusDB.ADOProvider.NxDataReader.GetBytes(Int32 i, Int64 fieldOffset, Byte[] buffer, Int32 bufferoffset, Int32 length)
at NHibernate.Type.AbstractBinaryType.Get(IDataReader rs, Int32 index) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Type\AbstractBinaryType.cs:lin e 92
at NHibernate.Type.NullableType.NullSafeGet(IDataRead er rs, String name) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Type\NullableType.cs:line 253
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersiste r.Hydrate(IDataReader rs, Object id, Object obj, ILoadable rootLoadable, String[][] suffixedPropertyColumns, Boolean allProperties, ISessionImplementor session) in p:\nhibernate-core\src\NHibernate\Persister\Entity\AbstractEntit yPersister.cs:line 2518

That is a *very* old version of the .net provider. I'm not sure if any alternative way exists, anybody else who has experience with this?