#1  
Old 17th December 2021, 07:22 PM
Miros?aw Rogula
 
Posts: n/a
Default Database on Mac

Hi

I would like to extend my application to apple computers. What database
system would be the best for this purpose and in addition reasonably
compatible with Nexusdb, so that the changes in the program would not be
too big. I use both table and sql to handle nexusdb in my program. Is
there a plan to extend nexusdb to work on Apple computers on firemonkey?

Regards
Miroslaw Rogula
  #2  
Old 17th December 2021, 09:00 PM
David Rose
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Database on Mac

On 17/12/2021 09:22, Miros?aw Rogula wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to extend my application to apple computers. What database
> system would be the best for this purpose and in addition reasonably
> compatible with Nexusdb, so that the changes in the program would not be
> too big. I use both table and sql to handle nexusdb in my program. Is
> there a plan to extend nexusdb to work on Apple computers on firemonkey?
>
> Regards
> Miroslaw Rogula


Possibly not the answer you were looking for, but Nexus Server runs
quite happily in /Interactive mode under WINE (well we use Codeweaver,
but I guess it will work under other similar systems).

David


  #3  
Old 18th December 2021, 01:40 AM
Ad Franse
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Database on Mac

Op 17-12-2021 om 10:22 schreef Miros?aw Rogula:
> Hi
>
> I would like to extend my application to apple computers. What database
> system would be the best for this purpose and in addition reasonably
> compatible with Nexusdb, so that the changes in the program would not be
> too big. I use both table and sql to handle nexusdb in my program. Is
> there a plan to extend nexusdb to work on Apple computers on firemonkey?


Tell us more about the application. Is it VCL or FMX ? is it NexusDB
Remoteserver or Embedded ?

FMX+Embedded -> add platform macosx
FMX+Remote -> add platform macosx (let server run on Windows server)

VCL : CrossVCL ?

Ad Franse
  #4  
Old 18th December 2021, 02:01 AM
Miros?aw Rogula
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Database on Mac


>
> Tell us more about the application. Is it VCL or FMX ? is it NexusDB
> Remoteserver or Embedded ?
>
> FMX+Embedded -> add platform macosx
> FMX+Remote¬*¬* -> add platform macosx (let server run on Windows server)
>
> VCL : CrossVCL ?
>
> Ad Franse


My application is VCL application but I want to change it to firemonkey.
But I have to choose the right database first. This database should be
local database.

Miroslaw Rogula
  #5  
Old 19th December 2021, 09:03 AM
Ad Franse
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Database on Mac

Op 17-12-2021 om 17:01 schreef Miros?aw Rogula:
>
>>
>> Tell us more about the application. Is it VCL or FMX ? is it NexusDB
>> Remoteserver or Embedded ?
>>
>> FMX+Embedded -> add platform macosx
>> FMX+Remote¬*¬* -> add platform macosx (let server run on Windows server)
>>
>> VCL : CrossVCL ?
>>
>> Ad Franse

>
> My application is VCL application but I want to change it to firemonkey.
> But I have to choose the right database first. This database should be
> local database.
>
> Miroslaw Rogula


You are lucky !

you already have chosen the right database....

Ad Franse


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nexus database to mysql database Peter Sanders nexusdb.public.support.sql 10 15th July 2009 05:27 AM
Converting remote database to embedded database with Storedprocedures Chris Schofield nexusdb.public.support 2 28th April 2009 06:15 PM
Database Is Read Only Problem When Copying Database In Vista David Miller nexusdb.public.support 23 30th January 2009 10:52 AM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.