Old 14th May 2020, 09:48 AM

Default TnxSessionPool, C++ Builder 2007, Nexus 3.09

Sorry, I'm using an old version of Nexus and an old version of C++ Builder.

I'm trying to get TnxSessionPool to work and can't find any actual example of it.

I'm guessing that my thread needs its own Database component and I need to get a Session from the Session pool for it. My code is this:

DB->Session = SessionPool->AcquireSession();

Problem is, the Database's session property remains NULL afterwards and I can't find a way to force it to accept the session. I've confirmed that the session pool is returning a new session...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
Old 14th May 2020, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPhotoBell View Post
Sorry, I'm using an old version of Nexus and an old version of C++ Builder.

I'm trying to get TnxSessionPool to work and can't find any actual example of it.

I'm guessing that my thread needs its own Database component and I need to get a Session from the Session pool for it. My code is this:

DB->Session = SessionPool->AcquireSession();

Problem is, the Database's session property remains NULL afterwards and I can't find a way to force it to accept the session. I've confirmed that the session pool is returning a new session...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
Well, yes, unless you actually link components together (database->session := your new session)... nothing much will happen.
Old 14th May 2020, 09:56 PM

What I'm saying is that when I try to link my pooled session to the database, it fails to do so.

I wondered if there was any reason why DB->Session = newPooledSession; fails? No exception is thrown or error message is raised.

I've known C++ Builder sometimes fail to make such assignments in the past, so I'm trying to determine if this is a mistake on my part, its part, or something else.

In any case, I'm now part way though implementing TnxThreadWithDatabase which is connecting things correctly, so I'll use this instead of manually combining everything.